Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I want to attract squirrels to my yard for my dog to hunt and kill them?

should I just throw peanuts out? I have a few trees lining my yard but not in them. my dogs old and loves to hunt so I want to make it easier for her with her age.I want to attract squirrels to my yard for my dog to hunt and kill them?
Peanut butter on toast all over the yard. You'll even attract a few chipmunks.I want to attract squirrels to my yard for my dog to hunt and kill them?
You can toss out peanuts, but the dog will eat them-- my dogs all my life loved peanuts. Pecans also. With no trees in your yard, unlikely any squirrels will come in anyway, they are not bright but not totally stupid- they want something to climb on and a place to escape to.
i think you could buy a pack of nuts, dried corn, and they also love peanuts in the shell and spread them in your yard, they also follow birds, because the know that birds are good at hunting for food and seeds so you can buy the food for the squirrel, the ones i mentioned, or you can buy bird food, if that doesn'tt work you can make the squirrel call, i suggest you do this first, instead of wasting your money, it is easy, you just need to make a t sound and wave your hand up and down, not like if you are saying hi to someone, just up and down, with your hand relaxed, and very calmed. make the t sound as fast as you can, when you can do it fast, not very fast, keep that rhythm, because if you try to do it faster you may get confused, this is my way to attract them, hope it works












































this is worthy to read. hope its usefull
if your dog is old all your doing is killing her faster,,her desire is stronger than her heart and the squirrels will die laughing
Home improvement stores carry a wide variety of squirrel feeders you can use to attract them.
Good luck, you may be able to get the squirrels into your yard but it's another thing to get the dog close enough to kill them. My friends mother had a rat terrier and this dog loved to chase squirrels and the squirrels loved to run across the power lines that crisscross america and bark at the dog (I'm sure it was laughing) nothing better than to watch a squirrel twenty feet in the air torment a dog that had little chance of ever catching it

No comments:

Post a Comment