Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How do you feel about squirrel hunting?

I find myself seeing squirrel hunting as a ridiculous gaming sport.


I mean, when someone kills a buck, i'm like wow, you could have died. because bucks and deer can kick your ***. turkeys i dont mind because they're mean anyways. and no one will kill baby turkeys, that would be pointless. and fishing is okay. we just need to slow down a bit, we're depleting our oceans.





BUT! squirrel hunting just seems pointless to me.


for three reasons:





1. you don't even get much meat


2. you have to chase it down and hope you hit it


3. they're tiny, nice, and don't attack people





I just don't understand why people brag about killing squirrels.How do you feel about squirrel hunting?
I feel like killing sum now and eating em. And a side of deer or turkey wouldn't be bad either. And maybe go fishing after that in the OCEAN. Hit the seafood buffet at red lobster later that night.How do you feel about squirrel hunting?
Why the hell do you care about a damn squirrel? They chew on our phone lines, power lines, everything. They can attack people, why would you think they wouldn't? If you're fine with someone shooting a buck, and yes I will agree that turkeys suck (but they are good). I mean there is a point to shooting some squirrels. We have so many around where I live, and all they do is chew our lines up so I don't care about them.
So I'm depleting our oceans by fishing in a lake? ...





Since you're obviously too immature to understand why people hunt squirrel, why should anyone explain themselves to you? Apparently it's okay in your mind to hunt one animal, but not another one because one animal is ';nicer'; than the other.





A squirrel once threw an acorn at me when I was a kid.
1. If you kill enough of them then you can get a good amount of meat


2. i dont chase them at all i sit in one spot and shoot them


3. they may be nice but they are very useful too


i use squirrel's for more than just meat. i will eat them and also use the tail and fur for fly tying so im using as much of the animal as i can
Squirrel used to be a staple of Indians and Early Americans, I think they would taste good because all they eat is nuts, you are right 1 squirrel is not much meat, that is why you have to kill about 10 for a proper meal, I have seen shows on hunting squirrels and they are not stupid. Squirrels know how to get behind the tree so the hunter can't shoot them
Squirrels are ANIMALS. Animals CAN attack things and they DO. Squirrels are easy hunting for many people and some people enjoy getting the little bastards off of my back porch and eating all the food as soon as we step inside. So if you don't like it don't hunt them and plus that's how little boys get their start on hunting. Buy em a Daisy red ryder and theyre busy for the next 3 years
Ummm.. I think that you have a bit of growing up to do.





Squirrels are just like any other animal that we eat. They can be extremely mean and they can attack. What does it matter as long as we eat them? Who cares.. squirrels can actually cause alot of problems. I respect what you have to say, but I do not agree with you. I have grown up on this and I LOVE it.
I find squirrel hunting a part of my life.





1 I don't need much meat.


2 I am a good shot I don't chase


3 they are rats with bushy tails.


I don't understand why people would not eat squirrels the chickens of the trees.
i never find it pointless to do something you love. Its about getting in the woods and enjoying your freedom and heritage. nothing beets setting against a tree in the fall of the year enjoying the fresh air and wildlife around you. I thing you shouldn't be hunting if you feel that way.
nice is not a good word. you go up to one of them buggers and pet them they will have a finger.Why i hunt for tree rats is because i need the target practice and they taste really **** good!i am actually thinkin' 'bout goin today! lol like you read my thoughts!
* Food, Food, Food; '; Umm, Umm, Good Eating.'; * So don't Hunt and Eat Squirrel.*
The squirrels here are big, I mean massive. Lot's of meat. Most people don't know how good eating they really are. Better than pheasant, better than turkey.
immagine a world where you couldn't leave your house without fear of a squirrel attack. If we didn't kill a few every year it would be like a bad sci-fi movie!!!
If you really believe number 3, go try to catch one. I bet you wind up with stitches from the tiny, nice, cute squirrels.
They are tasty little varmints, just not a lot there to eat. If you get quick at cleaning them they are worth the effort...
They might be little, but they're not at all 'nice'.


Size is the only reason they don't attack people.
they taste good and it is legal to hunt them....no different than deer or turkey so you should not feel any differently........
GROW UP!





And yes, they can attack people too.





Squirrels are food. Just like the beef and pork and poultry you eat.
Why not, as long as you eat it
they go pretty good with rice, or just straight up fried
Squirrels are a cousin of the common rat. They taste very good. One squirrel is enough meat with other side dishes but I like meat so will say 2 squirrels is enough per person.





Ever been bit by a tree rat? You'll find out they are not that nice. They are rats! You don't have to chase them down if you hit it well. A .22 caliber rim-fire in the head usually does the job, doesn't ruin any meat, and no chasing around. Sometime they do die while hanging from their little toenails though.





Now, I have never heard anyone let go with bragging rights on a squirrel. Maybe a large deer but not because the deer can kick azz. Because they got a nice sized deer and more meat.





Squirrel meat is just plain good, cheap and there are many ways of fixing them. I grew up on this food as well as rabbit, pheasant, dove,fish , snapping turtles, wild berries, morels, wild onion, asparagus, to name some of the items. I've also eaten muskrat,bear, moose, snake and have no problem catching live chickens and butchering them either.





Food is food.
I'm going to address you question by offering counter-arguments to your ';reasons';





1. Yes you get quite a bit of meat off of a squirrel. There's a reason those little buggers are as fast as they are. Quite tasty too...





2. Me? Chase quarry? Pssh. .22 will do it from 200-300 yards if you know what you are doing... I don't like chasing things. I pop them and they roll out of the tree...





3. Squirrels are NOT nice animals. They will bite the living s**t out of you. They also are pests in some circumstances.





I respect your opinion, but please don't attack us who hunt squirrels. They are good game, and there is a purpose to hunting them.
It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you came to my town and KILLED every last one of those tree rats.





They tear crap up like crazy. They have chewed through our power lines twice! Ya it's cool seeing them explode but it knocks out our power for 3-4 hours every time! Then a couple of them made their nest in my wife's friend's Toyota Sequoia and Mercedes Benz. They used the engine wiring harness as part of the nest. It wasn't cheap fixing all that. Then another friend had one to some how get in around their AC unit and chewed the wiring up on it. Have you ever had to replace an AC unit? That is some serious cash.





Squirrels are not native to this area and you can shoot them all you want as far as I'm concerned!
WHY WOULD ANYONE WANTS TO HARM THOSE POOS CREATURES??





instead, knock down some young seals

No comments:

Post a Comment