Friday, January 22, 2010

What breeds are the best squirrel hunting dogs?

I have a rat terrier that is a great squirrel dog. He trees squirrels better than any other I have ever seen. He is the envy of all my hunting buds, and some of them are asking for a puppy by him. So I am considering breeding him to produce excellent hunting dogs. What type of breed would be a good choice for mating my dog? What are some other breeds that are known for their squirrel hunting prowess?What breeds are the best squirrel hunting dogs?
tou shouldnt go outside the breed dude those are god hunters if you want to reproduceWhat breeds are the best squirrel hunting dogs?
Beagle!
My dad and husband always used beagles as small game dogs, years ago we had a lemon beagle that was the best gun dog you ever seen. I would not be mixing breeds though just stay with your terrier or even a JRT
my friends hunts squirrels and uses a lurcher, hes a great treeing dog.
id stay with the terrier breed,i personally wouldn't mix then you thin the blood line keep it real for them sorry squirrels lol
beagle I have like 8 and my uncle hunts them great huntin' dogs!
defo border collie

No comments:

Post a Comment