Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Squirrel hunting????!!!! Deer hunting????!!!!?

I need some tips like scents, places to look, should i walk or sit stuff like that anything will be fine..... And if you have any preferred hunting equipment i would also like to knowSquirrel hunting????!!!! Deer hunting????!!!!?
I absolutely LOVE to squirrel hunt! I deer hunt too, but Squirrels as so much fun! I used to use the squirrel bark call but found that just sitting for about 10-15 mins works just fine...if you don't see anything by then then you move about 30-40 yrds and try it again. Squirrels will come back out as soon as it calms down again. And another thing I can suggest it - don't just think about oak tree and acorns. If there are a group of pine trees surrounded by oaks, sit either on the outskirts of the pines or walk into the pines a little and sit down and wait for a little bit. I shot a HUGE gray in a group of pines last year and I am currently getting him mounted on a base among pine needles and propping his front limbs on a small tree limb. I was surprised to see that size of a squirrel in the pines, but you have to solely hunt the ground since you can't see into the pines so be really alert!Squirrel hunting????!!!! Deer hunting????!!!!?
Well I don't know much about squirrel hunting but I could help you with deer hunting. The first and most important thing you will need is a rifle or bow. Its a personal choice but I prefer a bow for many reasons. Archery is open a lot longer than rifle giving me more time to hunt. I also like a bow to use a bow because it is quit and I can get permission to hunt on private land easier. If you are interested in get a bow, go to your local pro shop and ask for some information and they will be glad to help you. If you are interested in hunting with a rifle go to a gun shop and see if you are you are eligible to purchase a firearm. Now you will need a place to hunt. I'm not a fan of hunting on public property. A good way of finding yourself a hunting spot is to ask family or friends if they ever see deer on their property. Once you have a hunting spot you need to start scouting. Scouting is basically just looking for signs of deer and where they like to hang out, bed down and eat. The best way to hunt is to hunt out of a tree stand. It makes it harder for the deer to see you, hear you, and smell you. The next thing you need is camo clothes. You can get them at just about any sporting good clothes. You can also get scent killer to hide your scent and doe urine to attract the bucks.
i have done both many times





for squirrels you need to look in large oak trees with thicker brances where they can build nests (but NEVER fire into the nests) with squirrels its sort of a 50/50 game you can walk around a bit or just sit i personally just sit on a log or stand in one spot. i would reccomend using a 20 or 12 guage with a full or mod choke full will allow you to reach out farther and use #6 shot





what i use for sqirrels is the greatest gun for squirrels and for spring turkey too i use a savage it has a 20 gauge shotgun on the bottom and a .22 mag on the top its an over under and i can get them close or farther away





and they also make squirrel calls that work for me





for deer you need a shotgun with slugs or a rifle or a bow i usually use a rifle and i sit in a blind or walk some but usually its just a waiting game for me during deer season.





look in cornfields pine trees and almost anywhere i use a 30-30 or 30-06 or a .270 for deer and if i am in super heavy brush i will use a slug gun usually 12 gauge. but i have a seethrough scope mount on my 30-30 so i can use it in heavy brush or open fields i usually ware my specified ammount of orange and a leafy suit under my orange to break up my outline some


if you need any other info email me i will help with what i can

No comments:

Post a Comment