Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Squirrel hunting air rifel uk england ?

I am from england uk and i own a air rifle last week a grey squirrel came in to our garden too steal the bird food my mate scared it off and 30 mins later it came back my friend called for me out of bed i was half asleep i looked out the window and there it was again so i grabbed my air rifle loaded it up opened the window and shot the squirrel a few seconds later it was dead.





It is the first animal i have ever killed i just do not know how to feel about it. At first i was very upset part of me still does. But i believe they are pests here in england and in one part of the country there is a bounty on the grey squirrel. Part of me wants to hunt the grey squirrel for its part in the decline of the red squirrel but right now all i can think of is that grey squirrel i shot and buired and how it was alive and with one shot of my air rifle it took its life away and now it will never move again. When i shot it ,it started to shake for a few seconds and then stopped and that was it. The thing that stays in my mind the most is the picture of it shaking.





What are your views on squirrel hunting. Many people do it on youtube and act as if its fun but i personal do not like taking the life of a animal unless it is a pest. I also believe that you should not take from nature what you do not need. as in you should only take a animals life if you need food.Squirrel hunting air rifel uk england ?
I understand River Rat's point and as a rule I eat what I hunt.





But when a squirrel is raiding my corn in the garden that's taking food out of my family's mouth and he's got to go. Most of the time this happens on a hot summer day when the meat would be wormy.





I likewise have killed a few ground hogs for the same reason and have not eaten them. I know purist are revolted but I have five kids who like vege's, and a pest that stops that will end his days here, be-it a raccoon, possum whatever.Squirrel hunting air rifel uk england ?
well I'm from the US and idk if we can hunt squirrel, but i do know if you feel guilty that you shouldn't kill an innocent animal for no particular reason. you say that they are pests just because they are trying to live freely just like people are, yet they get killed for no reason. If you feel this way about pests why don't you just shoot the nearest hobo or telemarketer? Its not right to kill animals and to tell you the truth I'm glad you feel bad. Just don't do it, why do people always think that the planet belongs to them and only them, everything and everyone has a right to live so think about it next time you decide to shoot something. Killing is killing no matter what the victim.
yes they are pests, yes i have killed them. but i also eat them or give them to someone else to eat. as long as it is used wisely, i dont see any harm done in killing the pest.
i think you screwed up 'cause you shot it as a pest and not for food. it was eating and you killed it? come on, man. you should feel guilty. i kill small game all season, but always eat what i kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment