Saturday, January 23, 2010

Why is it my cat does not hunt squirrels?

I let my cat go outside all the time and she likes to hunt insects and mice and chase birds. I dont want my cat to hunt squirrels but I am just wondering why she doesn't care about sqirrels being on her territory.Why is it my cat does not hunt squirrels?
Have you ever seen a squirrels teeth and claws?!?!





No cat in it's right mind will take on an adult squirrel more than once. Cat's may not have the largest brains but they are not stupid. My cats chase squirrels but make no attempt to actually catch them. They have learned the hard way that you don't take on prey with longer teeth than you have.Why is it my cat does not hunt squirrels?
Cats usually don't like squirrels. If they don't bother them, they have no need to hunt them. They usually like smaller animals, but if they are use to eat regular cat food then they won't usually hunt often.
My cat runs at squirrel sometimes but I think their size is intimidating. They might just fight back! My other cat is really odd. She ignores all birds except the Jays. I think she loves the loud squawk they make when she startles them.
because squirrels are too big for her to chase. You wouldn't want her messing with a squirrel anyway, they have a nasty bite!
Not to sure, personally i think that a squirrel is so fast that a cat doesnt even bother.
Maybe she is a pacifist:) or maybe she doesn't want to risk catching one and getting hurt. Smart kitty.
a cat is no match for the strength, speed and cunning of a wily squirrel.
They are good buddies. You should see what happens when you're not there. I know .... I own a carrel.
your cat is a secret member of PETA....
he doesn't like them.

No comments:

Post a Comment