Friday, January 22, 2010

I have muscular dystrophy but i still get outdoors, and love to squirrel hunt, my question is sense i have?

weak hands, what is or how is the best way to skin one? please only serious answers, this is a disorder that takes ones muscles away, and my hands are getting weak..any help would be appreciatedI have muscular dystrophy but i still get outdoors, and love to squirrel hunt, my question is sense i have?
Please delete or report the peckerheads...





If I were in your shoes I would not skin them in the normal fashion as it can be a bear. If you are not attempting to save the skin for any reason then here is how I would change my tactic.





-Instead of the ';down the belly'; cut, I would simply cut around the midriff.


-Basically, a circle cut around the middle of his body generally at the abdomen.


-Pull from the cut areas at the back and stretch the cut skin over the head and then the tail.


-Whatever is left holding on just cut it off.





Takes hardly any strength.





Best of luck my friend! Squirrel pot pie is the bestest in all the world.I have muscular dystrophy but i still get outdoors, and love to squirrel hunt, my question is sense i have?
Skin it like you would skin a rabbit, slice through the top of the back in the middle of its body, grasp with right %26amp; left hands under the cut area %26amp; pull while the animal is still warm %26amp; should not be a problem for you.* Cut all feet off %26amp; head before skinning.*
My grand father had a peice of wood carved into a real narrow, deep ';W';. He had it nailed to a post behind the barn. He would hang thier feet, one in each bottom part of the W, and skin them by pull'n down on thier tails. Worked good for him when he got older. Could also make bout the same thing with two peices of 14ga. fence wire, put a loop at the end to hold each back foot.





Good luck!





Dave
I hope I don't sound like a dope, well I don't know much about skinning squirrels, but maybe you could have someone make ya a jig(like a fish scaler) with some vice grips and a lever, and I'm not trying to be a donkey, sorry i can't help ya more.... good hunting
if ya could get it started and clamp down on the fur and something to clamp on the flesh and crank it up if it holds it'll pull the squirrel right out of the fur
Clip the front feet off with some heavy shears.Cut a one inch slit just under the tail above the anus.Step on the tail and pull up using the back legs.You could also use pliers to hold the back legs as you pull if your feeling to weak.Ithink its great that your still out there hunting considering your situation,keep it up!
I am sure you could work something out to easily skin them. My brother made two clamps, one out of catfish skinning pliers and the other a vise grip nailed to the cleaning stand.





Lock the vise grip onto the squirrels head which will secure him to the table. The catfish pliers are attached to a rope, hook up the pliers to the skin and pull the rope : )
Hello...sorry to hear about your disorder.I hunt and I find that if you skin them when thay are stil worm it is a lot easyer,the skin peals off like a wet sock. Hope this helps......
I dont mean any disrespect to you but I hope you do not hunt alone, nor should anyone, but what I am getting at is have your hunting buddy do it for you. I hunt with two other guys. When we get back to camp we do assembly line. One makes the cuts, the next removes the skin, the last one guts it. Let your friend do the skinning and you can do the gutting. Everyone has their stong and weak points or likes and dislikes. I do the gutting.
Skin it right away, while it is still warm, soft and flexible. Get someone to help you hold it, or else stand on it's head.
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h21/VA鈥?/a>





copy and paste. see if it works.





I'm not sure how easy it will be on your hands, but it's the easiest way I know.
don't all hunters? if you had strong hands you wouldn't need the gun. (Don't diss Chuck Norris, he's cool)
Find good NEOROLOGIST and ask his advise and proper treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment