Saturday, January 23, 2010

I live in a urban area and hunt squirrels with my bow in my yard. I bait them with acorn. how can i shoot more?

I put a tree stand in a tree and expect to shoot no more than 15 yards. We have a lot of squirrels in our area. I want to know how i can shoot a few more.I live in a urban area and hunt squirrels with my bow in my yard. I bait them with acorn. how can i shoot more?
i hope you are shooting down at the grass. dont shoot your arrows at trees, you can have bad richochet or ruin your arrows.


if you want to shoot more, set up several different bait piles. that way when you drop one squirel on one bait, there are still a few more baits left untainted. eventually, the squirels will figure you out though, and you will have to move your stand and baits, or retrieve each squirel one at a time. the best way is to use a benjamin pellet gun, with a scope.


also, try a squirel call, it looks like a piece of wood with a rubber nob on top, but they work like magic. those squirels cant resist to come running to the call. its pretty funny, i didnt think it would work so good.I live in a urban area and hunt squirrels with my bow in my yard. I bait them with acorn. how can i shoot more?
Bird seed and Walmart sells a squirrel feeder that you can hang in a few trees around your stand. Then put out traps all around your neighborhood and catch and release them near your house , this should keep you busy for awhile.
set a lot of little cage traps with the acorns, and leave them overnight. then you can start your day with a few easy headshots to warm up. your hit percentage should go up, too. should.
The best way to increase your shooting opportunities, is to bait with whole kernal corn. Squirrel's can't seem to leave it alone.
First-I do not think hunting of any form is legal in any city limits.


You should consider that first.





Seems like squirrels cannot leave bird feeders alone.
Automatic Rifle
BB Gun or 22., You must be quite a marksmen to hit squirrels with a bow.....
Isn't it illegal to bait and shoot? It is in my state....
You hunt squirrels with a bow?
.....ok.





maybe you should lure then with peanut butter.


  • makeup hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment