Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Squirrel hunting?

so heres the deal. i love to hunt. lately ive only hunted squirrel


i want to know how you skin them, i know 3 ways but my favorite is to cut from the ribs down to the, uhh organ if you get my drift. then i cut the skin in a line to the knees. then i snip the feet off. i pull the skin off of the legs so it is just hanging there. then i step on the tale and pull up. thus the squirrel is skinned. but i was just curious if anyone could give me a few tips and hints on how they hunt em and skin emSquirrel hunting?
Try this...... http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h21/VA鈥?/a> ......The video isn't exactly hip and with the times but the method shown gets the job done.








To add a little onto matt m's answer, coins such as fifty cent pieces, quarters, and dimes can also work in the same way. My grandfather showed me how to call them in with loose change from his pocket when I was a young boy.Squirrel hunting?
I usually cut across the backs of their hand legs and around their anus being careful not to cut the tail loose. I cut off the hind legs at the knees. Then I grab their hind legs, step on the tail and pull up to remove the hide down to the neck. I cut off the head and am then ready to gut the squirrel. Sometimes I save and cook the head. I don't know if you have ever done that but it is good eating. Just a llittle meat on the jaws and the tongue but the brain is delicious.
Another trick is when they hide on the backside of a tree toss a limb or rock on the side they are on and they will run to your side so you can shoot them. Good Huntin
You can also use poker chips the same way as with the rocks and change! I clean mine this way: off with the feet and tail then make a slit crosswise in the skin at the middle of the back. Insert index finders from each hand into the slit and pull. The skin will separate and pull right off up to the head. Cut off the head, then slit the belly, pelvis, and gut the booger. Easy and quick!
I can't give you any better anwsers for skinning them than the ones already stated.....but i have a fun way to hunt them, then again maybe you have tried it already. Rocks. I've never had more squirrels pissed off at me than when i am using rocks. I find two rocks and cup one in each hand, then clap them together. If you find the right size of rocks you will know it when you hear something that sounds uncannily like buck squirrel chatter. Just pick your favorite tree to sit next to and start chattering, Next thing you know, you will be getting your *** chewed, sometimes they don't even give a damn if you're human. If you play it out just right, you can call several bucks into the area for a real show. Another benefit of this technique is that it isn't too hard to call them back after a shot is fired. I think you will find this method fun, good luck!
I dont know any tips of hunting squirells except that where there are trees there are squirells but for skinning them just cut down the backside of the leg to the asshole on both sides. then cut about 1'; up the tail. Pull the tail bone out and peel the squirel out of its skin. Then if you want cut the skin off from its skull and you are good to go. That is the easiest way that I have found.





Oh and Infamous S.A.B. you are a dumbass... please don't breed.
Skinning - see this http://www.gutpilestyle.com/ForumSMF/ind鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment