Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I need some squirrel hunting tip. I'm new at it.?

Okay when is the best time of day to squirrel hunt?


I went up this morning three different times between the hours of 8am and 11am and only seen one squirrel.





I am very new to squirrel hunting, I just bought my 22Mag bolt action three days ago so I am very new to this squirrel hunting.





And if anyone has any tips please share.I need some squirrel hunting tip. I'm new at it.?
The first thing you do is scout your woods for a lot of signs of squirrels!


Look for nut trees... %26amp; chewed up nuts on the ground. Hickory %26amp; white Oak are some of their favorites... find them %26amp; you'll find the squirrels!





My favorite method is to locate a stand of large Oak trees, I really like White Oak is cause they have really large acorns %26amp; the deer %26amp; squirrel can't resist them....


Then sit quietly at the base of one of the large tree trunks... Just sit real still %26amp; patient... it takes a few minutes, if the squirrels are there, they saw you come in %26amp; are in freeze mode... You won't see much until they feel safe to come out. That's about 15-30 minutes... just be patient... then they will all come out at once... They will start back feeding %26amp; give you a chance to take a few... you can stay in that one spot %26amp; get your limit... you may have to sit still in between shots repeating the steps above...


There are other ways of doing it, you can walk along %26amp; look for them, but them squirrels be sneaky %26amp; hide above branches. They see you, before you see them... I've had more success with sitting method...I need some squirrel hunting tip. I'm new at it.?
you better watch out a asked a question smilier to this one and those anti-hunters were all up in it, just add details saying (if your a anti-hunter don't bother answering my question, and for your question, just go out and find a big tree with a bunch of busted up nuts, such as acorns, and get about 20 yards away, then just sit and wait, and watch nature come alive, good luck and good hunting
ok it doesn't really matter what time you go as long if you go to a place that has alot of squirrel . the type of gun you are using is hard to use squirrel hunting you should use a type of shot gun hopes this helps
Why would you want to do this?
you need well aimes bb-gun

No comments:

Post a Comment