Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My friend and I are going squirrel hunting with .22 rifles.?

Will we have to pick lead fragments out of the meat if we use hollow points? Any suggestions for ammo types?My friend and I are going squirrel hunting with .22 rifles.?
No Sir Buddy.. and you picked the right gun to shoot them with. If you go with a .410 shotgun (God forbid a 20 or 16 gauge, you'll be eating nothing but shot. You want to use the .22, it's the sportsman thing to do, especially if you know you have good enough aim. I took my first squirrel at 9 years of age with an 85 year old .410. It was simply to get my first squirrel with my Grandpa's gun (which my brother and two cousins a couple uncles, and my Grandfather himself all got their first with. Since then, I've used nothing but a .22. For the dumb Bee Itch that said ';boo hoo don't shoot squirrel's... well she's just that. DUMB. Set her in a room for 6 months to watch one slowly die of disease or starvation, maybe she'll open up her CLOSED MIND. Maybe she's a sicko and likes watching things suffer. Not me.. .22 to the head or gut, skin, clean eat. YUM. Just like God (or Mother Nature if not religious) meant for us to do. She can go ToFu hunting with her Red Ryder BB Gun (if she gets it for X Mas) .. Doubt it, Santa don't don't like Veggie Terrians :)My friend and I are going squirrel hunting with .22 rifles.?
The .22LR hollow point won't fragment so no worries there. I always just used regular ammo on squirrels though and never had a problem with it. Aim for head shot as much as possible. Next best shot will be just behind and a bit below front shoulders in the chest area.
My hollow points pass right through. And if you are willing to wait for a while, feed the bastards corn, they get so fat they can barely climb. We feed our cattle corn and those fat ***** are in it all the time. It is quite hilarious watching them try to climb.
* No, but you may have to look out for small fragments of broken bones.* Use solid point bullets instead of hollow points.*
You don't need hollow points to kill a squirrel. And I don't think there is enough meat on em to cause the round to open up anyway.
Just aim for the head and you'll be fine.
cci remington are copper plated accurate and found to have large amounts of energy
No you wont have to pick lead out of the meat. aim for the head
wat if u go squirrel hunting and u run into a grizzly bear lol

No comments:

Post a Comment