Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Squirrel hunting question?

Here is a good one for you squirrel hunters out there! Have you ever shot a male squirrel that was castrated? No joke. And do you know how they were castrated? And why? Fox squirrels have this more often than grey squirrels.


I have a bet with a buddy that some one out there knows the answer to this.Squirrel hunting question?
I have not, but I've seen a few that other people had shot.





Squirrels are pretty territorial, and if a strange male invades a territory, the dominant male in the area, often aided by females will attack the intruder, and in the ensuing fight, castration is not at all uncommon.





You got to admit, going for the nuts is a pretty good tactic in a no holds barred fight to the finish.





DocSquirrel hunting question?
I always thought that was a myth about the older males castrating the baby male squirrels. But I have no doubt about that, when they get into a fight! I have seen them fight and one male will try to bite the other…. “there” lol.. ouch!
Yep, it's fighting





You'll also see a squirrel with his tail bit off every once in a while.
From what Ive been told Jim A is correct. Apparently they do it to stay dominant and to make sure their genes keep progressing
I guess i hunter got some bad shots off at squirrels.Ouch!
I once shot a female that had 2 nuts in her mouth. Could it be that she did it?
sounds like rough sex to me haha. gee doc thats gross !!! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment