Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Squirrel hunting questions?

is there a way to tell if squirrel meat is diseased or anything else that makes it not good to eat?Squirrel hunting questions?
I agree with crippler. It's the same with all meat. I know squirrels can have what they call wolves (a bot fly larvae) in their hide, but not usually after a few good frosts.


I don't eat no squirrels with wolves, but have been told they don't effect the meat... I don't know, but they are really gross looking... I won't chance it... Squirrel hunting questions?
my father used to look at the livers of rabbits and squirrels ,,he said if its got spots or bad looking areas (other than a bullet hole) pitch it ,, i haven't seen but one bad rabbit liver it had black spots on it so i pitched it ,,
trust your senses, if there is any discoloration, or a foul smell, through that TIHS out quick lol

No comments:

Post a Comment