Saturday, January 16, 2010

What bait should I use for squirrel hunting?

I am hunting in our woods and I am using a Pellet gun; seems to work just fine as guns go, but I want to know how to bring them to me.What bait should I use for squirrel hunting?
Sit quietly and wait you shouldn't need bait for them. I shot many a bushy tail in my younger days with a pellet gun without any bait. A good call is twoquarterss clicked together to sound likesquirrell talk.What bait should I use for squirrel hunting?
You don’t seem to understand squirrel hunting. As some others said you don’t bait them. All you have to do it walk quietly through the woods in early morning or late evening (when they are most active) and look for piles of nut shells next to trees. In that area scan the tree tops and move VERY slow or even sit with your back against a tree and wait. In a heavily hunted area it may take a half hour before they think the danger has passed and come back out… down the trees about their business. If its seldom hunted you will have them moving about the trees as you slowly walk by. I have shot a hell of a lot of them when I was a kid.





Here a neat trick. If you have a squirrel who hides behind a tree from you and as you move around the tree it keeps moving to the other side, do this. Take a string or fishing line and tie it to a near by branch or bush. Walk around the tree and wait a minute then yank on the string to shake the bush or branch vigorously. This will scare the busy tail to move to your side of the tree for a shot.
Bait for squirrels? I always spent the day quietly hiking the woods stalking them. You aren't going to find enough in one spot to make it worth baiting, and you will miss out on the adventures found during the hike.


shoot safe
peanut butter. i put it out for deer and squirrels are all over it 15 minutes after i put it out
Show him your nuts.
Use spray cheese...
cheese
brains
haha, just popped into my mind) DEEZ NUTZ!!!!





na, i think the cheese would be good

No comments:

Post a Comment