Monday, January 18, 2010

When is the best time of day to squirrel hunt?

It's now 9AM and I wanna go squirrel hunting with my new 22mag bolt action. Problem is I don't know what time I should go up.When is the best time of day to squirrel hunt?
Before 10:00 am in the Morning, and After 2:00 pm in the Afternoon.*When is the best time of day to squirrel hunt?
I swear, if I wanted to squirrel hunt all I would have to do is go deer hunting. Everytime....I am sitting in my stand, the sun is just starting to clear the horizon and the ground below me is littered with squirrels running around in the leaves causing a rucus!





Just walk thru the woods in the morning just be mindful of your shots. Don't shoot into a tree because if you miss, your bullet will travel well over a mile.
I like morning, because it is out gathering food. The mid day is good too, that's when they are thirsty and will stopping by the watering hole. The evening also great time, cause they are barking and you can sneak up onto them. I guessed anytime is a good time to go hunting.
My best squirrel hunting hours in the eastern U.S. have been early morning (dawn) to about 10:30 a.m., then again from about 2:30 p.m. to half hour before dark. It has been the same whether in Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, or Pennsylvania.
I see squirrels all day long. But I swear, like the first answerer said, If I want to bag a lot of squirrels ill take my .22 into my deer stand with me and if I don't see any deer, I'll put down the shot gun load the .22 and start bagging the furry critters.
I have always had the best luck early in the morning but I have also scored on squirrels at mid day so I say go for it
Early in the morning They like to go out and gather food. 10 AM is a better time. happy hunting
now is a good time sooner or later they will show up
all day am is better ok thanks eddie
any time spent in the woods is a good time
Now. And think about all the rest of us sitting idle by our computers wishing we could be in the woods. Good luck!
  • highlight
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment